Saturday, September 8, 2012

Apple Cider Vinegar Astringent

 
I tried this out about a week or so ago, and it works so well, I had to share it.  I am always skeptical when I see new and different skin treatments because it seems like when I try something new, it's mediocre at best.  I have had lifelong skin issues, mostly due to having PCOS.  Sometimes it's worse than others, but I have always had problems with oily skin, breakouts, and red splotchiness.  I originally saw this on a pin on Pinterest which I can't find now, but it's so easy I remembered how to make it off the top of my head. 
You mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 4 parts water.  I use the raw, unfiltered kind of apple cider vinegar, which you should be able to find in the Organic/Health food section of the grocery store.  I'm not sure if it would still work as well with the regular kind. 
You can use just about any kind of bottle to keep it in, as long as it has a small-ish screw-on lid.  I looked in my bathroom closet and saw that I had 2 bottles of rubbing alcohol open, so I just poured what was left of one into the other.  Then I removed the labels with a hair dryer, cleaned and dried the bottle, and poured the ACV and water in with a funnel.  Then I labeled the bottle.
I have been using it twice a day.  I give it a good shake before using it, then I put some on a cotton round and apply to my face.  I could tell a difference as soon as I started using it.  My face felt really soft and clean.  And then within a few days, I could tell even bigger differences.  My face is no longer breaking out, and even the red splotches are fading.  Trust me, this stuff works wonders!  And, on top of that, it's non toxic, and it's super cheap.  What more can you ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment