Monday, February 20, 2012

DIY Treads for Slippery Shoes


I got Angie a really cure pair of boots, but the first time she wore them, she was constantly slipping and falling.  Even when she walked on carpet, which is pretty bad.  So I started to think.  What can I do to the shoes to make them less slippery?  I need something that isn't noticeable and won't fall off.  Then I decided to try my hot glue gun.  It totally worked!  I was skeptical at first because I didn't know if the glue would peel off the bottom of the shoes, but Angie has worn them a couple of times now and it's nowhere near starting to fall off.  And she hasn't slipped or fallen ever since.
As you can see, I applied the glue in straight lines, but you could do dots, or a design of your own.  I don't have any slippery shoes myself, but if I ever do, I will definitely try this.  And FYI, the shoes do make noise after you add the hot glue to them.  It helps to put a little baby powder over the glue (after it dries of course).


No comments:

Post a Comment