Sunday, April 8, 2012

Repurposing Easter Baskets


My daughter received a pre-filled Easter basket as a gift today.  She loved the princess stuff inside of it, but then we were left with the basket it came in.  She already has an Easter basket, and the baskets that they use with the pre-filled Easter gift baskets are usually not very high quality and not meant to be a kid's main Easter basket.  As always, I started to think of other ways I could use it.  I didn't see a need for another Easter basket, and I didn't see a point in keeping something that would just take up space without serving a purpose.  Just as I was about to toss it, I thought, No, I can't use another Easter basket, but I can always use an extra basket.  So here comes another DUH moment:
I used some heavy duty kitchen scissors and cut off the handle.
Now it's just a basket.  And now I have a nice little container sitting on my bathroom sink to corral loose items.  I was pretty proud of myself for that one.  Not sure if I should be since it was one of those DUH ideas, but it always makes me happy if I can turn would-be trash into something useful.



No comments:

Post a Comment