Monday, April 16, 2012

Sugar Free Pumpkin Muffins

I have been seeing a lot of recipes lately with healthy ingredients substituted for oil and eggs.  Like applesauce or pureed black beans.  I know I have seen a recipe for brownies using canned pumpkin, but I wasn't so sure about how the chocolate would taste with pumpkin mixed in.  I have tried making brownies with applesauce instead of oil in the past, and they tasted kind of funny.  So I opted for pumpkin muffins.  And I used a sugar free cake mix, making them even more healthy!

This recipe has 2 ingredients:
Sugar Free yellow cake mix and 1 15 oz can of pumpkin

Put the 2 ingredients in a bowl and mix.  Add some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice if you wish.  The batter will be very thick.  I used a regular hand mixer, but I think next time I will use my stand mixer so I can use dough hooks.  Line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers and fill 3/4 full.  Cook according to package directions (should be about 19-22 minutes).







No comments:

Post a Comment