Monday, April 16, 2012

Sugar Free Pumpkin Muffins

I have been seeing a lot of recipes lately with healthy ingredients substituted for oil and eggs.  Like applesauce or pureed black beans.  I know I have seen a recipe for brownies using canned pumpkin, but I wasn't so sure about how the chocolate would taste with pumpkin mixed in.  I have tried making brownies with applesauce instead of oil in the past, and they tasted kind of funny.  So I opted for pumpkin muffins.  And I used a sugar free cake mix, making them even more healthy!

This recipe has 2 ingredients:
Sugar Free yellow cake mix and 1 15 oz can of pumpkin

Put the 2 ingredients in a bowl and mix.  Add some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice if you wish.  The batter will be very thick.  I used a regular hand mixer, but I think next time I will use my stand mixer so I can use dough hooks.  Line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers and fill 3/4 full.  Cook according to package directions (should be about 19-22 minutes).







7 comments:

  1. I made this as a cake, it was so good! I treated a few friends at an outside party, every one asked for the recipe.
    Thanks! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have made this as cake because I made the muffins and everyone of them stuck so bad to the cupcake wrappers you only got to enjoy 1/2 of the muffin. But that part was absolutely amazing tasting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time spray the cupcake liners with Pam or use the silicone cupcake liners (nothing is suppose to stick in them)

      Delete
    2. I agree with Mamarose220. I always spray my cups with nonstick spray.

      Delete
  3. If making as a cake did you use a 9x13 inch pan, and did it rise like a normal cake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try using the silicone cupcake holders. They are truly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added a 1/4 cup of applesauce, 2 tsp of pumpkin spice and baked at 325° for 27 min in a silicone pan. They were perfect and moist. I might add more spice next time. Yum!

    ReplyDelete