Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Never Clean Your Fridge Again

I really hate cleaning my fridge.  It's one of those things that doesn't get done nearly as often as it should.  It involves standing in front of the fridge with the door open, scrubbing for an extended period of time.  Then when you get to the bottom, you have to kneel down and scrub.  At some point, the light bulb burns out from being on too long.  But luckily, I recently saw this idea on one of those "helpful hints" websites.  Strangely, I did not find it through Pinterest, and even more strangely, it was unpinnable.  So I decided to try it myself and post about it.

All you need is a roll of Glad Press 'N' Seal plastic wrap.  You will want to start by removing the shelves in your fridge, if possible.  I did mine one at a time, which does make it a much longer process, but the alternative was to leave all of my food unrefrigerated for 1-2 hours. 
Wash each shelf thoroughly.  Dry them with a towel, but then also let them sit until completely dry.  With the first shelf, I made the mistake of towel drying it and then immediately covering it with the plastic wrap.  It wasn't dry enough, so it didn't stick.  So just have a little patience.  Here are some before pictures:

And after covering them with the Press 'N' Seal:
Nice and clean!  And, the next time it gets dirty, all I have to do is peel off the plastic and replace it with clean plastic.  Just one more thing to make my life easier. 

If you haven't already, make sure to like my page on Facebook so you don't miss any new projects, recipes, and ways to make life easier!


No comments:

Post a Comment