Saturday, July 7, 2012

DIY Flat Iron Cover

I use a flat iron on my hair every day.  After I am done using it, it sits on the bathroom sink to cool off, usually for several hours, sometimes all day.  And that is because if I can't put it away right away, it may not get put away at all.  I have been looking for a flat iron cover for it for a long time but I haven't found one that I like and that is a reasonable price.

This idea has been floating around Pinterest lately.  It was one of those things I pinned with the idea that I would do it one day, but wasn't sure if I ever would.  I have been keeping an eye out for cool potholders but until today haven't find one I liked.  I went on a shopping spree at Hobby Lobby today and found this cool animal print potholder (For some reason I have a thing for animal print accessories right now).  I snatched it up and brought it home.  I folded it in half, took a needle and thread and sewed it up.  In less than 10 minutes I had a new flat iron cover.
It was super easy to make.  No fancy sewing skills required.  And now I can put my flat iron away so it won't sit on the bathroom sink all day.  Problem solved!


No comments:

Post a Comment