Sunday, July 1, 2012

4th of July Strawberries


So these didn't turn out as picture-perfect as I had hoped, but they look decent.  And they taste good, too!  I saw this idea shortly after the 4th of July last year so I have been waiting a long time to try them!

All you need is:

Strawberries
White chocolate chips
Blue sugar (which you can buy, or mix plain sugar with blue food coloring)

Start by washing and drying the strawberries.  Don't skip drying them, or else the chocolate won't stick to them.  Then melt your chocolate.  Fortunately I have worked with white chocolate before and I learned my lesson the first time.  You must put them in the microwave at 50% power for 60 seconds at a time.  Take them out and stir each time.  It will take quite a long time, I think it took at least 10 minutes of cooking time total.  Once you have your strawberries washed and dried, your chocolate melted, and your sugar blue-ed, lay down some wax paper or aluminum foil on your counter and set everything up like this:

Dip about 2/3 of the strawberry in the chocolate, then dip the bottom 1/3 in sugar.  Lay it on the foil to dry.  Repeat until all of your strawberries are 4th-ified.  Then you should have a super cute collection of Patriotic strawberries like this:

Perfect for a 4th of July picnic or for a treat at home!



No comments:

Post a Comment