Saturday, March 10, 2012

DIY Non-Slip Hangers


After I came up with this idea for fixing slippery shoes, I thought, why not use the same technique for other things?  And then I saw this post about using rubber bands to keep clothes from falling off the hangers, so I thought, why not use a hot glue gun?  So this morning I grabbed about 20 plastic hangers and very quickly, easily, and inexpensively converted them into non-slip hangers.  We all have at least a few shirts that just don't want to stay on their hangers, so this is a project for everyone.
Simply "draw" a zig zag line of glue on both sides of the hanger.  It doesn't matter if you get it perfect, as long as there is glue there, it creates something for the clothes to hang on to. 

After you are done, hang them where they won't touch anything else. If you don't, then you could end up with a hanger glued to your wall, and you'll have to find another blog to solve that problem. ;)  The good news is that they dry very quickly.


It's kind of hard to see the detail in the pictures, but I think you get the idea.  I couldn't believe how fast and easy this was.  I tested it out with one of my pesky shirts that never stays on the hanger, and by golly, it works!

By the way, if you haven't already, make sure to go to Making Cooley Stuff on Facebook and like the page so you get all of the updates on new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment