Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hair Straightener to Remove Hanger Marks

I have worked from home for the last year and a half, but over the last few weeks I have been working in the office.  Which means that I have had to shake the dust off of my work clothes.  Most of them haven't been worn in the last year and a half.  And I have found that most of my shirts have hanger marks a.k.a. "shoulder nipples."  Now I know they say you should use wooden hangers to prevent them, but not all of us have the money to spend $5+ apiece on hangers for each one of our shirts.  So we just use what we have and deal with the consequences.
Well, the other day I was getting ready for work.  I was straightening my hair as I looked down and noticed the "nipples" on my shoulders.  Errrgggh, I thought.  I am so sick of this happening every morning when I get dressed.  Maybe if I had time to get the iron out, I could iron these puppies out.  And then my eyes turned to the straightener and I had a huge DUH moment.  I immediately flattened out the hanger marks using my hair straightener!  Here is a before picture:
(Sorry about the poor quality pictures.  It is not easy to take a picture of your own shoulder!)

You can either iron them while you are still wearing the shirt, or take it off.  I recommend taking it off for safety reasons, plus it makes it easier to iron. 
I simply "straightened" the fabric with the straightener like so:


And now it's as good as new.  You can't even tell it was there. 

What an easy and convenient way to fix those hanger marks using something you were probably going to use while you were getting ready anyway!

 
You may also like: DIY Non-Slip Hangers

1 comment:

  1. Hongsen custom made flat irons supplier has the direct manufacturing plant, so the competitive wholesale price is available to customers who want to wholesale hair straighteners or wholesale curling irons in bulk. site

    ReplyDelete