Sunday, April 8, 2012

Using Up Leftover Easter Eggs


Happy Easter to everyone!  I was just starting to wonder what would be the best way to use up all these leftover Easter eggs.  Unfortunately, I am the only one in my family who eats hard boiled eggs.  And I really don't want to eat all of them myself.  That would get old fast.  I considered making some of my world famous devilled eggs, but I am the only one who eats those too.  I don't have a problem with that, but I figured it would be better to use them to make a meal or two that everyone can eat.  I love me some devilled eggs, but easy and cheap meals make me happy since they make my life easier!  So I decided to make a double batch of tuna salad.  And I am incorporating it into our menu two nights this week.  Here is my menu plan for this week:

Monday: Tuna salad (as in lettuce with tuna salad on top)
Wednesday: Leftover Ham and mashed potatoes
Thursday: Out to eat for Michael's birthday
Friday: Tacos
Saturday: Tuna melts
Sunday:  Parmesan crusted tilapia with mixed vegetables



My tuna salad recipe is pretty basic. Here are the ingredients:
3 hard boiled eggs
1 5 oz can tuna
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp mustard
1 packet sweetener
pepper

De-shell the eggs and place them in a bowl.  Chop them up into small pieces, then add the other ingredients and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment