Thursday, February 16, 2012

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

I almost didn't post this recipe because I can't take any credit for it in any way, shape or form.  (Well, I guess I improved it by omitting the black beans- yuck!) I discovered it a few months ago on another blog.  It has quickly become a favorite in our house.  Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it is also insanely easy.  Most of my crock pot recipes require at least some preparation work... like pre-cooking meat or pre-chopping vegetables.  Not this one.  This is a dump-the-ingredients-in-the-crock pot-and-go recipe.

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, still frozen
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 15 oz can corn (don't drain)
1 can Ro-Tel Tomatoes
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder

Put the corn, tomatoes, Ranch, cumin, chili powder and onion powder in the crock pot and mix well.  Put the chicken and cream cheese on top.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Stir a couple of times to blend in the cheese.  Near the end of the cooking time, fish the chicken out with a pair of tongs and shred it with 2 forks.  Return chicken to the crock pot.
(Honestly, I took a few more pictures than this, but I don't know what happened to them... I am positive I took them, but they're not on my camera anymore.)

You can add black beans if you want... personally, I am a loather of all kinds of beans, so I am somewhat offended by the thought of adding them to my dinner.  Also the original recipe says to serve it over rice.  I think it tastes just fine without it, plus it saves you a lot of calories and carbs to skip it.
This is the kind of recipe that makes me happy.  No stress, no work, and a delicious comforting meal to look forward to at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment