Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crayon Container out of Wipes Tub

I had an empty Cottonelle wipes tub that I knew I could find a use for. So I ran it through the dishwasher and left it alone for a while, trying to think of a use for it. It didn’t take me long to come up with the idea of using it as a crayon container.


I cut out the rubbery stuff in the center close to the edges. Then I found some letter stickers in my sticker stash and spelled out “crayons” on the top. It is the perfect size for a box or two of crayons and it makes it a lot easier for little ones to get them out and put them away by themselves. I always thought that the boxes that crayons come in are a little tedious. You have to pack them in like sardines, and you can’t really expect little kids to have the patience to put them away. Sure, you could also use a cheap plastic tupperware container, but it doesn’t have the cool easy-access flip-top lid (Angie has fun playing with that too) and it’s not as pretty. As you can see, Angie added some decorations to her new crayon box!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sarah.

    Nice work! Loved it, especially the crayon container made from a wet wipes box.

    I’ve taken the liberty of posting your photos of the crayon container on my Facebook page – The Little Green Page (http://www.facebook.com/thelittlegreenpage).

    The Little Green Page is an online community to spread environmental awareness. The objective is to get the message across to as many people as possible so that, collectively, our actions can change the world for the better. Your photos have been used in this context.

    Trust this is okay with you.

    Thanks and regards,
    Pravin Amudan
    http://www.facebook.com/thelittlegreenpage

    ReplyDelete