Sunday, February 5, 2012

DIY Toilet Paper Roll Container

I read that a large oatmeal container is the perfect size to hold 2 rolls of toilet paper.  We keep the t.p. packages in our master bathroom, and there's not a lot of room to store it in our hallway bathroom, so I needed somewhere to store extra t.p. rolls in there. 

All you need is an empty large oatmeal container (it has to be a large one, the small ones aren't big enough), fabric or wrapping paper, a rotary cutter and ruler (or scissors if you are using paper), and Mod Podge and a brush.  And, at the last minute I decided I needed some bias tape too.
Wipe the inside of the oatmeal container out with a damp cloth.  Cut your fabric to the right size.  I measured the container as 9 1/4 inches high and 16 inches around.
Brush Mod Podge on the container and glue on the fabric.  I used ducky fabric because that's what my bathroom is decorated in. =)
Once it is completely glued on all the way around, brush on another layer of Mod Podge.  I was going to stop there, but it seemed like it needed something else to finish it off.  So I took some white bias tape and glued it around the bottom.  Now it's done.

I love it!  It's a cute decorative piece for the bathroom, and it's functional because it keeps extra t.p. handy and easy for guests to find.


3 comments: