Monday, February 13, 2012

Easy Cheesy Broccoli Soup

This is one of my favorite low-calorie recipes.  I make it often.  It's good to make for lunch, and it's light enough to eat for a snack as well.  I got this recipe from a Hungry Girl cookbook.  I really like (some of) her recipes.  Although she focuses more on low-calorie and low-fat recipes and I am more concerned about the carbs, there are still some recipes that fall into all of those categories.  This is one of them.
This recipe only has 3 ingredients:
1 tray of Green Giant Just for One Vegetables- Broccoli and Cheese
1 wedge Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese
1/2 Cup Skim milk or almond milk

Cook the broccoli tray in the microwave just enough so it's no longer frozen.  Pour it into a small food processor along with the other ingredients and blend to desired consistency.
Pour into a microwave safe bowl and heat 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, and it's ready to eat!
You would never guess that it's under 150 calories.  This makes a very satisfying meal or snack.  I sometimes make several bowls of it at once and freeze them for weekday lunches.


No comments:

Post a Comment