Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Corn

This is not my most healthy recipe, but it is easy and delicious!  It's my kind of recipe: throw 'n' go.  If you need an easy side dish for dinner or a potluck, I would highly recommend this one!  And if you don't have a crock pot, you can also make it on the stove top or the microwave.  The crock pot just makes it easier, as always.

Here's what you'll need:

1 stick butter or margarine
1 8 oz package cream cheese
2 15 oz cans of corn, drained (I don't recommend using frozen corn.  It's just not as good.)

If you have a mini crockette, this is the perfect size recipe for it.  If not, a regular crock pot will do.  I just love using the little one because it's easier to wash afterwards. 
Start by adding the butter and cream cheese.
Put the lid on and heat it on low until melted, about 2 hours.

Then stir in the corn.  Put the lid back on and heat until hot, about another hour or two.

Mmmm!  That's all!  Really easy and delicious, and takes up very little of your time!  As I said, it's not the healthiest recipe, but who would object to anything with butter and cream cheese in it?  To make it a little healthier, I use Neufchatel cream cheese and no sugar added corn.  It's gotta help a little, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment