Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Potty Training Candy Jar

We are potty training our 34 month old daughter right now.  She is doing really well so far.  She was really stubborn about it for a long time, but we finally decided to jump in with both feet and get it over with.  We have been using M&Ms as positive reinforcement, which I'm sure you know is a very important part of potty training.  The problem we were running into was, "Yay, Angie went pee pee on the potty!  Where are the M&Ms?"  And we would scramble to find them.  Either that, or we would have an opened package of M&Ms just laying around in the bathroom, which I didn't like either.  I don't know that I like the idea of food in the bathroom, especially if it's just laying there in an open package.  So I came up with this idea:


A jar of M&Ms to keep in the bathroom.  I just cleaned out an old candle jar and poured in a bag of M&Ms.  That way, they are right there when we need them in an enclosed container.  I don't mind keeping them in the bathroom as long as they are in a jar with a lid.  Now they are easily accessible so we can give positive reinforcement right away.  Not to mention it looks pretty cute with my other bathroom decor!


What methods have you used for potty training that have been effective?

No comments:

Post a Comment