Friday, January 13, 2012

Tuna Burgers

I love canned tuna.  It is my "go-to guy" for dinner.  It's cheap and it's healthy.  Doesn't have to be refrigerated or cooked or cut up ahead of time.  All you have to do is open the can and add to the recipe (and fend off the cat when she comes hurdling toward you at that same moment).   This is a recipe that I got from my mom and one that I grew up with.  The following recipe makes 2 burgers, so you can double/ triple/ quadruple it as needed.



Ingredients:

1 5 oz can tuna
1 egg
1/4 cup whole grain oats
1tsp dried minced onions (optional)
pepper

Heat a griddle on the stove over medium heat.  Spray with cooking spray.  Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.  Divide into 2 equal patties.  Place patties on the griddle and cook evenly on both sides.  Serve on buns with lettuce and mayo.


These make a very tasty, easy, healthy and CHEAP meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment